More Harrison County History Made Easy Quiz
What do you know about
the More Harrison County History Made Easy Quiz?
Try this West
Virginia History Made Easy Quiz.
Your Answers" at the end of the page.
The Nutter's Fort historical markers says: Built by Thomas Nutter
in 1772 after settlement two years earlier. Nutter was a captain
in the Revolutionary Army and is buried here. Refugees from
Hacker's Creek settlements came here during the Indian raids of
1779. The marker is on WV 20, 0.8 miles north of WV 58 & 0.6 miles
south of WV 98
2) On WV 20, 0.3 miles north of WV 58 is the
historical maker for the Center Branch Church. It reads: Organized
in 1818 by 19 members of Simpson Creek Baptist Church wanting a
house of worship nearer to their homes. Original log building
stood below road.” When was the present structure built?
3) Nutter Fort is located along what
- Davidson Run
- Elk Creek
- Farnam Creek
- Mable Stream
4) When was Nutter Fort incorporated?
5) Since 1996, what festival does
Nutter Fort hold during the first weekend of August?
- Harrison County Hog-Jam Festival
- Harrison County Ramp Festival
- West Virginia Blackberry Festival
- West Virginia Corn Festival
6) Stonewood is a city in Harrison County,
West Virginia. What waterway runs along Stonewood?
- Big Sandy Creek
- Bud River
- Elk Creek
- Mud Creek
7) Center Branch Wildlife Management Area is
in Harrison County near Stonewood, West Virginia. It is located on
a former strip mine site, and contains several flat benches and
high walls. Second growth oak-hickory and mixed hardwoods forests
cover much of the land. Center Branch is located along Turkey Run,
a tributary of Elk Creek and the West Fork River. The main
entrance is via Turkey Run Road (County Route 20/11) off WV 20
near Stonewood. How many acres is the Center Branch
Wildlife Management Area?
- 675 acres
- 775 acres
- 875 acres
- 975 acres
8) Anmoore is a town in Harrison County, West
Virginia. It is located at the intersection of WV 58 and
Interstate 79. What is the population as of the 2000
9) Arlington is an unincorporated town along
the West Fork River in Harrison County, West Virginia. It is
located directly north of the city of Clarksburg.
10) It is an unincorporated community in
Harrison County, West Virginia and located on WV 20, 8 miles
northwest of Lumberport. It has a post office with ZIP code 26448.
What is the community known as?