Queen Anne's War
Queen Anne's War (1702-1713)
was the second in a series of five French and Indian Wars fought between
France and England (later Great Britain).
What do you know about the Queen Anne's War? Try this US History Made Easy Quiz. "Check Your Answers" at the
end of the page.
1) In North America for control of the continent and
was the counterpart of the War of the Spanish Succession in Europe. In
addition to the two main combatants, the war also involved a number of
American Indian tribes and Spain, which was allied with France.
2) Early in the war, the Spanish attack a British
town and are repulsed.
What is the British town?
- Dover, Delaware
- Charleston, South Carolina
- Hope, Virginia
- Bridgeport, West Virginia
3) In response, in the 1702, 500 English soldiers
and militia along with 300 Indians capture and burn a town in the Spanish
province of Florida.
What is the town that the British attack?
- St. Augustine, Florida
- Daytona, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
4) Carolina is not successful in defeating a second
attack on Charles Town in 1706 by a combined Spanish and French amphibious
force sent from Havana.
5) In 1704, the ex-governor of South Carolina
launches an invasion of the Apalachee territory in western Florida
consisted of 1,000 Creek with 50 Englishmen. They target the Apalachee
because of the 14 Spanish Franciscan missions which has been established
there for roughly a century. His forces defeats the combined Spanish and
Apalachee forces (which consists of about 400 Apalachees and 30 Spaniards)
led by Captain Mexia.
Who launches the attack?
- James Moore
- Raymond Burr
- Jeffrey Hamilton
- Grover Washington
6) In February 1704, Hertel de Rouville with 250
Abenakis and Caughnawaga Indians and 50 French Canadians destroy a British
settlement, 150 settlers are killed or taken prisoner.
What is the name of
- Deerfield, Massachusetts
- Deerfield, Maine
- Deerfield, New York
- Deerfield, Pennsylvania
7) In 1709, it is reported that two thirds of the
fields north of Boston are unattended and the war parties are returning
without prisoners because the colonists stay in their forts and will not
8) The French are opposed to attacking the Province
of New York because they were reluctant to arouse an American Indian
tribe, whom they feared more than the British.
Who do the French fear?
9) In 1712, an armistice is declared.
What is the
name of the treaty?
- Treaty of Utrecht
- Treaty of Berlin
- Treaty of Erie
- Treaty of Combine
10) What is NOT an area Britain
- Nova Scotia
- St. Kitts, Caribbean Island