Lewis and Clark Expedition (1806)
What do you know about
Lewis and Clark Expedition (1806)?
"Check Your Answers" at the end of
Take 2 points
for each right answer. Maximum this page: 20
What day does the Lewis and Clark Expedition leave Fort Clatsop for the
return voyage east.
2) On July 3, the expedition split into 2 groups with Lewis leading one
group up the Blackfoot River.
What river does Clark lead his group?
3) On July 6, Clark's group crosses the Continental Divide.
What is the
name of the pass?
4) On July 7, Lewis's group crosses the Continental Divide at Lewis and
5) On July 27, the Blackfeet Indians try to steal Lewis's group's
rifles. A fight broke out and two Indians were killed. This is the only
hostile encounter with an Indian tribe.
6) On Aug 3, Clark arrives at confluence of the Missouri River and
7) On August 11, Lewis is accidentally shot by a member of his own
8) What day did the two groups rejoin on the Missouri River in
present-day North Dakota?
9) They reach Fort Mandan. Charbonneau and Sacagawea stay at Mandan.
What was the date?
10) On September 23, the expedition arrives at the end. Ending their
journey ends after two years, four months, and ten days.
Where does it