Old West Lingo Trivia - A
What do you know about Old West Lingo
- A? Take this
Old West History Made Easy quiz.
the answers at the
bottom of the page.
What in mining was the workman in charge of tools furnished to miners
underground. It is from he Spanish meaning helper?
2) What was a breed of black, hornless beef cattle that originated in
- Dallas Twine
- Denver Bovine
- Aberdeen Angus
3) In poker, what is a hand with an ace but no pair or better?
4) What is a runty calf; a weakling?
- Acting like a calf
- Acorn calf
- Amour calf
5) The open range cowboy rarely saw any canned foods other than corn,
tomatoes, peaches, and milk.
What did the cowboy call canned goods?
6) What is a cowboy's name for a hay hand?
- Alfalfa desperado
- Alfalfa hayseed
- Alfalfa wrangler
7) Alfaloofee is a humorous name for alfalfa used by Wyoming
8) What is the cowboy's term meaning to go?
9) What was a miner's pick known as?
10) Arch Moore is cattle used on a roundup as the nucleus for another