Old West Lingo Trivia - B
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
Baa-a-ah is a cowboy's contemptuous name for sheep. If you want
to start a fight, just call a cowboy this.
2) What was a man considered dangerous?
- Bad man
- Bad news
- Bad medicine
3) What was food or a meal?
4) A bait can is a logger's term for his lunch pail.
5) What was the term to ride in such a way as to overheat a horse.
6) A cowboy is used to eating out of granite or tin plates or bowls.
What is the cowboy's term for china dishes?
- Baldface dishes
- Bak'em dishes
- Bake dishes
7) What was a range-peddler's wagon, usually loaded with clothing,
cinches, stirrup leathers, and other cowboy supplies?
- Band wagon
- Bad wagon
- Bruce wagon
8) What was a miner's term for nitroglycerine; or, a logger's term
- Biddle juice
- Briddle juice
- Bang juice
9) Belch is an old trapper's word meaning to scalp.
10) What is a cowboy's name in the Northwest.
- Buck's men
- Buck herder