Old West Lingo Trivia - C
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
A hardened but happy cowboy who can jump on his hose at any time and
tell the world to go to help. What is a horseman, from the Spanish,
meaning cavalier or knight?
- Cactus Ranger
2) Caboddle is a cowboy's word for the whole
amount, the entire lot.
3) What was a logger's name for eggs?
4) What was a logger's and miner's term for a
clerk aka a white-collar worker?
5) Cahoots is the cowboy term for a partnership.
6) What is a name of a wagon used by ranchers to
carry cottonseed-meal cake to feed the cattle?
- Cake wagon
- Cracker wagon
- Coming wagon
7) What was the term for jail that came from the
8) Calf fries are the testicles removed from
castrated bull calves and fried. In the Southwest, they are considered
as much a delicacy as sweetbreads.
9) Calf rounders is a term for the cowboy's name
10) What is the "ailment" of one who is
crazy about girls or lovesick?
- Calico fever
- Cow fever
- California fever