Old West Lingo Trivia - H
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
1) Hacienda is the homestead of a ranch owner who raises stock; from
the Spanish, meaning landed estate. In mining, a smelter.
2) What did cowboy's call one who has gained experience?
- Hair over
- Hair rope
- Hair off the dog
3) What was a cowboy's and logger's term for a teamster?
- Hair pounder
- Half pint
4) Half horse, half alligator was a name for a boasting
frontiersman or river boatman of the early West.
5) what did cowboy's call a saddle horn?
- Hang an ax
6) Hang up his hide is a cowboy expression meaning to put someone out
7) What was a name for the cook or for a waitress in town?
8) Hassayampa is a liar, or someone incapable of telling the truth.
9) What was a cowboy's name for a horse?
- Hay Seed
- Hay baler
- Hay bundle
10) Head Tree! Is a logger's warning to duck or to beware of a heavy