Old West Lingo Trivia - I
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
What was a cowboy's name for a tornado?
- Idaho brain storm
- Idaho mad man
2) What was a cowboy's name for bacon grease,
flour, and water?
- I'm wolfish
- Incline drift
- Immigrant butter
3) Immigrant cattle is cattle brought onto
a range from a distance.
4) What was an Indian hatchet?
- Bow and arrow
- Spencer rifle
5) Indian pony was a name the old-timers of
the Southwest gave a paint or pinto horse, which was a favorite among
6) What was a logger's name for the bookkeeper?
- Iron man
- In hock
7) In the shade of the wagon is a cowboy's
expression for taking life easy.
8) What was the logger's and miner's name for a
- Irish baby buggy
- Irish cornerstone
- Iron wager
9) Ironed by a blacksmith means shackled
with leg irons. In frontier days criminals were shackled with leg irons
by a blacksmith.
10) Iron maidens was the name cowboys called poker