Old West Lingo Trivia - J
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
Jack a maverick is to brand a maverick. The owner of a large herd
of cattle considers it his privilege to brandy any maverick he finds
with his cattle or near his ranch.
2) Jackass is a logger's name for a donkey
3) What was the cowboy's name for a man from the
- Jack-pine savage
- Johnson's rangers
- Jefferson savage
4) What was a logger's term for robbing a man who
is helplessly drunk?
5) Jack train is a name occasionally given
to a pack train of mules.
6) What did a cowboy call a traveling dentist who
went through the country to relive cowboys of their pain, teeth, and
- Jaw cracker
- Jaw crusher
7) What was jig juice?
8) Jingle P. Jones is a term for a horse
9) What was a frontier name for a law officer?
- John Q. Public
- John Law
- John Gunner
10) Just a ball of hair is a very thin cow