Old West Lingo Trivia - K
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
What was a cowboy's name for a saddle sore?
- Kack biscuit
- Knicker sore
- Kangaroo biscuit
2) In gambling, keep tabs is to make a record of cards as they
won or lost.
3) The owner of a saloon says, kept the double doors swingin'.
4) What is a cowhand whose duty it is to rope calves for branding?
- Ketch hand
- Ketch dog
- Ketch rope
5) What was it called when thrown from a horse?
- Kissed the ground
- Kitchen hits the ground
- Kitty hits hard
6) Killpecker guard is the term in many sections of the cattle
country, the period of cattle herding from sundown until 8:00 p.m.
7) What is a logger's name for a lamp made by placing a wick and
tallow in a tin can.
8) A kitchen mechanic is a logger's name for the camp cook.
9) What is the logger's name for a schoolhouse?
- Knowledge box
- Knowledge center
- Smart box
10) Know how to die standin' up is said of a uncourageous man,
one is afraid in a fight.