Old West Lingo Trivia - M
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
Mac is a male who made his living procuring for some woman of the
red-light district of a cow town.
2) What was a logger's term for sawdust?
3) Made wolf meat is an expression used by the early trappers
meaning that a man had been killed and left on the prairie for the
wolves to eat.
4) What did cowboy's call maggot?
5) Make tracks is a trapper's expression meaning to slow down.
6) What is the cowboy's expression for swinging a girl off the floor
in an old fashioned square dance?
- Makin' shavetails
- Makin' the calico crack
- Makin' the man cage
7) Makin' the town smoky is a cowboy's expression for shooting
up a town or generally raising hell.
8) What was a cowboy's term for a vicious horse?
9) Marm school is a cow-country school, so called by the
cowboy because the teacher was invariably a man.
10) What was the term for a rustler's practice of making mavericks by
killing the mother with her telltale brand?
- Maverick factory
- Maw bell
- Meat bag