Old West Lingo Trivia - N
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
Nag is a cowboy's term for a horse of poor quality.
2) What was a cowboy expression for whiskey?
- Neck oil
- New haven
3) Which is NOT a term for a
- Necktie frolic
- Necktie party
- Neck yoke
4) What was a cowman's name for an old, skinny cow
5) Nice kitty was a cowboy's term for a skunk.
6) What is a cowboy's expression meaning that
there were no cartridges in the cylinder.
- No lead in the cylinder
- No lead in the gun
- No beans in the wheel
7) No breakfast forever is a cowboy's
expression for someone caught in a prairie fire and burned to death.
8) What was a miner's term for dynamite?
- No medicine
- No makers
9) Notcher is a gunman who placed a notch on his
gun for each man he killed. A man who apparently killed to gain a
reputation as a desperado.
10) Notch in his tail is a cowboy's expression for
a man that has killed a horse.