Old West Lingo Trivia - Q
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
What does a cowman call a quaking aspen tree?
2) Quarry is any open mining work in rock, excavation of he
3) What is a camp of quart miners?
- Quartz camp
- Quartz lodging
- Quart home
4) What is a mining term for an inferior fuse that burns too quickly.
- Quartz fuse
- Quartz mill
- Quartz miner
5) Quick-draw artist is a cowboy term for an expert in the art
of drawing a gun quickly.
6) Quick freighting where freighting carried on with horses
and mules the years round.
7) What is a deep mass of loose or moving sand mixed with water which
forms in many western rivers.
- Quick wake
- Quick storms
8) What is the term for mercury, a metal that is liquid at all
ordinary temperatures, used in the amalgamation process of extracting
gold and silver from ores.
- Quick gold
- Quick mercury
9) Quinine Jimmy was a logger's name for the camp doctor.
10) Quirley was a cowboy's name for a groceries.