Old West Lingo Trivia - T
What do you know about Old West Lingo? Take this
Old West History Made Easy Trivia quiz. You'll find answers at the
bottom of the page.
Take a run is a cowboy's expression meaning to run to a horse and
mount the horse.
2) What does the logger call the train that tiles
logs to the sawmill?
- Take the pine
3) What is NOT to run away or to be
on the dodge?
- Take to the tall timbers
- Take to the tules
- Take you to church
4) Talking iron is a cowboy's name for his
True or False?
5) To boast of one's work or accomplishments?
- Talking talents
- Talk like a Texan
- Tall tales
6) Talk turkey is a westerner's expression
meaning to talk seriously and to mean business.
7) What is a cowboy's description of someone in a
bad humor or of someone easy to anger.
- Taos lightning
- Teakettle person
- Techy as a teased snake
8) Texas cakewalk is a cowboy's name for a
9) What is a cowboy's expression meaning to try to
cover up or to deceive.
- Throw dust
- Throw corn
- Throw hay
10) Throw the lines away is a cowboy's
expression meaning to drive a team safely.