Toyota Motors Trivia
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. The company was founded in 1937 by Kiichiro Toyoda as a spin-off
from his father's company.
2. From September 1947, Toyota's small-sized vehicles were sold under
3. In 1957, Toyota began to export into the United States. What was
4. In April 1963, the first Toyotas were built outside Japan. Where
was the plant?
- Port Melbourne Australia
- Hong Kong
5. What caused consumers in the lucrative U.S. market to begin
turning to small cars with better fuel economy. American car
manufacturers had considered small economy cars to be an "entry
level" product, and their small vehicles were made to a low level
of quality in order to keep the price low.
- 1973 Oil Crisis
- Arab-Israel War
- Hurricane Betty
6. Toyota Motor Manufacturing West Virginia is a Toyota Motor
Corporation factory in Buffalo, West Virginia. It is estimated to date,
the company has spent nearly US$1 billion to build the plant. What does
the facility produce?
- Pontiac Vibe
- automobile engines and transmissions
- Toyota Camry Solara
7. Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky, Inc. (TMMK) was designated as
a "zero landfill facility" in 2005. The designation means that
all of the waste produced on-site is either recycled or reused and
nothing is sent to landfills.
8. In 2007, what racing league did Toyota works with what racing
- NASCAR Sprint Cup
- Championship Off Road Racing
9. What was Motor Trends "Car of the Year" for 2007?
- Toyota Camry
- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Amber
10. What is NOT owned and operated by Toyota?