How to Optimize Fuel Economy Trivia
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
The energy in fuel consumed in driving is lost in many ways, including
engine inefficiency, aerodynamic drag, rolling friction, and kinetic
energy lost to braking (and to a lesser extent regenerative braking).
2. What is the average efficiency of modern gasoline engines when
used to power an automobile?
- 25 to 30%
- 40 to 50%
- 75 to 90%
3. Cold inflation pressure is the inflation pressure of tires before
the car is driven and the tires warmed up.
4. Environmental conditions can introduce a 13% to 15% variability in
pressure due to temperature (0 °C to 40 °C or 32 °F to 104 °F), and
additional changes can result due to altitude. What is the variability
- 13% to 15%
- 25% to 30%
- 50% to 60%
5. With tire pressure, it is important to have tire balance. What is
another important tire precaution?
- Wheel alignment
- Tire tread
- Lightweight rims
6. Another key parameter is engine oil with low-kinematic viscosity
referred to as low "weight" motor oil. What should be the
level on check oil stick?
7. Under-inflated tires can lower fuel efficiency for every 1 psi
drop in pressure of all four tires. What is the approximate percentage
8. Equally important is the proper maintenance of the Engine Control
9. The Engine Control Module includes a number of important sensor.
What is considered the most important?
- MAP sensor
- air temperature sensor
- oxygen sensor
10. You can increase fuel economy by driving heavy-weight vehicles .
Also, you can increase the amount of luggage, tools, and equipment
carried in the vehicle.