Choose an answer from the
three choices and True/False offered after each question and then "Check Your
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
He got his first leading role in 1930. What was the movie?
- The Silver Hoard
- So This Is College
- The Fair Co-Ed
2. Bird of Paradise (1932) was made pre-Hays Code
that nudity could be shown. The film scandalized the public of
this year due to the bold scenes between Dolores del Rio and
Joel McCrea where they were swimming naked.
3. Over his career, he made six movies with Barbara
Stanwyck. One of their movies together was Internes Can't
Take Money (1937). He was the first actor to play this
movie character. Who was the character?
- Dr. Kildare
- Dr. Strangeglove
- Dr. Morgan
4. He did Wells Fargo (1937), playing Ramsay MacKay. Who
played Justine Pryor MacKay<
- Frances Dee
- Barbara Stanwyck
- Miriam Hopkins
5. Union Pacific is a 1939 film about the building
of the railroad across the American West. The story is based
upon the novel Trouble Shooter, written by the prolific
Western fiction author, Ernest Haycox. It stars McCrea and
6. He played William Frederick 'Buffalo Bill' Cody in Buffalo
Bill (1944). Who played Sergeant Chips McGraw?
- Thomas Mitchell
- Edgar Buchanan
- Anthony Quinn
7. Joel McCrea plays The Virginian, in director Stuart
Gilmore�s The Virginian (1946). Who plays the bad guy
- William Frawley
- Tom Tully
- Brian Donlevy
8. Tales of the Texas Rangers, a western adventure
old-time radio drama, premiered on July 8, 1950, on the US NBC
radio network and remained on the air through September 14,
1952. Movie star Joel McCrea starred as Texas Ranger Jayce
Pearson, who used the latest scientific techniques to identify
the criminals and his faithful horse, Charcoal, to track them
down. The shows were reenactments of actual Texas Ranger
cases. Who was the show�s sponsor?
- Snicker Candy Bars
- Quaker Oatmeal
9. Wichita Town is a Western television series
starring Joel McCrea, Jody McCrea (his son), Carlos Romero,
and George Neise that aired on the NBC television network. The
series began September 30, 1959. How many seasons did the show
- 1 season
- 5 seasons
- 10 seasons
10. McCrea made his last film appearance in 1976. What was
- The Gunfight at Dodge City
is Joel McCrea buried?