Born: June 18, 1910, Flemington, New Jersey
Died: August 10, 1979 (age 69), Panorama City, California
Foran (John Nicholas Foran) was a leading man best known in western
musicals and for playing supporting roles in dramatic pictures.
What do you know about
Dick Foran? Take this quick
Alan's FUN Westerns Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Born in Flemington, New Jersey on June 18, 1910, red-headed
John Nicholas Foran was the son of Arthur F. Foran. What
elected official was his father?
- New Jersey Senator
- New York Mayor
- New Jersey Governor
2. What was the 1948 film did Dick Foran play the character Sergeant
- Fort Apache
- She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
- Rio Grande
3. What is the film that Dick Foran debuts as a singing cowboy?
- Moonlight On The Prairie
- Treachery Rides The Range
- Trailin' West
4. In 1942, Dick is in the cast of this Western
Ride 'Em Cowboy.
It is a story about New York hot-dog vendors tricked into going West to
a dude ranch. Who were the movie's stars?
- Abbott & Costello
- Johnny Mack Brown
- Charles Starrett
5. What is Dick's last series Western? Because the Warner Brothers
decided to stop production of B-Westerns.
- Prairie Thunder
- Empty Holsters
- Devil's Saddle Legion
6. Rangers of Fortune is a 1940 Western with Fred MacMurray
and Dick Foran. What was Foran's characters name?
- Elvis Presley
- Johnny Cash
- Jerry Lee Lewis
7. What was last "Dick Foran, The Singing Cowboy" movie?
- California Mail
- Land Beyond the Law
- Prairie Thunder
8. Fire Chief Ed Washburne was a character he played on a TV series
for 7 episodes, 1961 to 1964. What was the TV series?
- Walt Disney Presents
9. His last film role was in Donovan's Reef (1963) with his
longtime friend John Wayne.
10. Where is Dick Foran buried?
- San Fernando Mission Cemetery, Mission Hills, California
- Cremated, ashes with family or friends
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, California