The Lone Ranger
What do you know about The Lone Ranger?
Take this quick FUN
TV Westerns Trivia.
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) The series started as a radio
drama. It debuted January 30, 1933 on WXYZ radio.
What city did WXYZ broadcast from?
- New York City
- Chicago, Illinois
- Detroit Michigan
2) The Lone Ranger
ran from 1949 to 1957?
3) In The Lone
series, who played The Lone Ranger?
- Clayton Moore
- Lee Powell
- George Letz
4) In 1954, George W. Trendle sold
the Lone Ranger rights.
Who did he sell them to?
- John Hart
- Jack Wrather
- Jack Chertok
5) The party finds itself in a
murderous ambush arranged by Butch Cavendish. A group of Texas
Rangers, lead by Captain Reid with his brother, were tracking
Butch and his gang.
In the TV story of the ambush, who played
- Rex Reed
- Glenn Strange
- Marvin Hart
6) Tonto finds one of the ambushed
ranger's alive and nurses him back to health?
Who is Tonto in
the TV series?
- Chief Thundercloud
- Jay Silverheels
- John Hodiak
7) The last new radio episode of
the Lone Ranger was aired on February 6, 1955.
8) Since the theme song was so
closely associated with the Lone Ranger. Who remarked, remarked,
"An intellectual snob is someone who can listen to the William
Tell Overture and not think of The Lone Ranger"?
- CBS News Anchor Dan Rather
- CBS New Anchor Walter Cronkite
- NBC News Anchor David Brinkley
9) The show beings with "Return
with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear.... The Lone
Ranger Rides Again!"
10) Episodes usually ended with one
of the characters lamenting the fact that they never found out the
hero's name ("Who was that masked man?"), only to be
told, "Why, that was the Lone Ranger!" as he and Tonto