New York Jets: 2009 Season
What do you know about the
New York Jets: 2009 Season? Score a
touchdown with this
Alan's FUN NFL Sports Trivia Quiz. "Check
Your Answers" at the bottom of the page.
The Jets fired head coach Bill Cowher on December 29, 2008 and
hired Rex Ryan from the Baltimore Ravens on January 18, 2009.
2) On draft day, the Jets
traded their first and second-round picks, defensive end Kenyon
Coleman, safety Abram Elam, and quarterback Brett Ratliff for a
first round selection, the fifth overall. Who did
the Jets make the trade with?
- Cleveland Browns
- Chicago Bears
- Detroit Lions
- New England Patroits
3) The Jets began their season at Reliant Stadium
for a Week 1 showdown with the Houston Texans. The Jets won 24-7.
With the win, not only did New York begin their season at 1–0, but
Mark Sanchez (18-of-31, 272 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT) would become the
1st Jets rookie QB since 1976 to win a game. Who was
the 1976 Jets quarterback?
- Erik Ainge
- Kellen Clemens
- Todd Pennington
- Richard Todd
4) The Jets played their Week 2 home opener
against their AFC East rival, the New England Patriots. Rex
Ryan would become the first Jets rookie head coach since Al Groh
to win their first two games.
5) In the fourth quarter, New York would add onto their lead with
a 30-yard field goal. Afterwards, the defense prevented any
possible comeback attempts from the Titans. Who
kicked the field goal?
- Jay Feely
- Matt Kroul
- Michael Parenton
- Ty Steinkuhler
6) The Jets lost Week 4 at the Louisiana
Superdome, New Orleans, Louisiana to the New Orleans Saints.
What was the final score?
- 12 - 9
- 24 - 10
- 26 - 3
- 32 - 21
7) Jay Feely leads the New York Jets in scoring.
What was Feely’s total points?
8) Darrelle Revis (LCB) leads the team in
interceptions with 6 for 122 yards and 1 touchdown.
9) Who led the New York Jets in tackles with 81 tackles
and 41 assists?
- David Harris
- Jim Leonhard
- Kerry Rhodes
- Bart Scott
10) On Week 17 the New York Jets end the regular
season against the Cincinnati Bengals at Giants Stadium, East
Rutherford, New Jersey. The Jets won 34-7. Who
were the games TV sportscasters?
- Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf
- Tom Hammond, Joe Theismann & Joe Gibbs
- Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth
- Dick Stockton and Charles Davis