What do you know about
Bonanza? Try this Alan's FUN
Westerns Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
How many season did Bonanza
play on TV?
2. Who created the series?
- Michael Landon
- Pernell Roberts
- John Pickard
- David Dortort
3. Who was NOT an original cast
- Loren Greene
- Pernell Roberts
- Dan Blocker
- David Canary
4. Who was the ranch cook character's
- Hop Sing
- Little Eagle
5. The series began on September 12,
1959. When did it finish its run?
- March 1972
- January 1973
- September 1973
- October 1973
6. During the first season of the
show, the guest stars were paid far more than the stars of the show.
The show's producers didn't think that the stars were well-known
enough to pull in viewers.
7. Ben Cartwright owned a ranch named the Ponderosa.
Where was the
- Lake Tahoe
- Carson City, Nevada
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Virginia City, Nevada
8. How many episodes were filmed?
9. Before moving to Hollywood, Lorne
was a prominent Canadian newscaster.
10. What is the age difference between
Lorne Greene and the actor, who played his oldest son Adam?
11. Lorne had a #1 hit record, a
spoken word song. What was the song?
- The Ballad of Bonanza
- Little Joe
12. When he was an announcer for the
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in the early years of World War
II, he was nicknamed "The Voice of Doom" for the combination of
his deep voice and the usually gloomy news reports about the war he
had to read.
13. Pernell was born on May 18, 1928.
Where was he born?
- Houston, Texas
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Waycross, Georgia
- Crawford, Texas
14. When he quit Bonanza the writers
wrote his character Adam off by having him move to China.
15. "Hoss" Cartwright was played
by Dan Blocker. What was Hoss's first name?
16. What was Dan's age at the start
17. Where was Dan born?
- Bowie County, Texas
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- Roswell, New Mexico
- Santa Fe, New Mexico
18. Michael's birth name was
Maurice Gene Landon
19. In one of Michael's first
staring roles, he played Tony Rivers. What was the movie?
- I Was a Teenage Werewolf
- The Legend of Tom Dooley
- The Restless Gun
- The Way We Were
20. He claimed to have chosen his
professional name by picking the name Michael Landon out of the Los
Angeles telephone directory.
21. He practiced karate.
Who was his
- Bruce Lee
- Chuck Norris
- Victor French
- David Carradine