Star Trek: The Original
Choose an answer from the three choices
offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Who created the original TV series, Star Trek?
- Bill Minard
- Gene Roddenberry
- Merv Griffin
2. Set in the 23rd century, Star Trek
follows the adventures of a starship and her crew. What is the
3. What is the original name of the
- Captain James May
- Captain Christopher Pike
- Captain James T. Kirk
4. NBC rejected the original pilot and
ordered a second pilot, a rare occasion. What was the name of the second
- The Menagerie
- Where No Man Has Gone Before
- The Night Before Tomorrow
5. Lieutenant Sulu (George Takei); title
in the 2nd pilot episode was Ship's Physicist. What was it changed to in
6. Who was the only character to be in
the original pilot, second pilot, and series?
- Lieutenant Sulu
- Mr. Spock
- Lieutenant Uhura
7. Who designed the Starship Enterprise?
- William Ware Theiss
- Wah Chang
- Matt Jefferies
8. What does William Shatner and James
Doohan have in common?
- Both born in Canada
- Both lived in Byce Canyon, California
- Both born the same year, 1937
9. The show's theme tune, immediately
recognizable by many and has been featured in a number of Star Trek
spin-off episodes and motion pictures. Who wrote the music?
- Alexander Courage
- Benny Goodman
- William Shatner
10. Star Trek aired from September 8,
1966 to September 2, 1969. How many episodes were aired?