All in the Family
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
All in the Family
is an acclaimed American situation comedy
that was originally broadcast on the CBS television network from January
12, 1971 to April 8, 1979. The show was revamped and continued for
another four year. What was the new show known as?
- Days of Our Lives
- Archie's Show
- Archie Bunker's Place
2. All in the Family was based on the British television series. What
was the name of the series?
- Til Death Us Do Part
- They Make Money Don't They
- The Game Bunker's Play
3. What did Archie frequently calls his son-in-law?
4. The show is set in the Astoria section of _________, one of New
York City's five boroughs. Fill in the blank.
5. Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker, frequently called a
"lovable bigot," an assertively prejudiced blue-collar worker.
Who was the first choice of the producer Norman Lear to play Archie?
- Mickey Rooney
- James Cromwell
- Lee Adams
6. All in the Family
is the first of three sitcoms in which
all the main characters won Emmy Awards (O'Connor, Stapleton, Struthers,
and Reiner). The one of the others was The Golden Girls. What was
the third sitcom?
- Will & Grace
- One Day At A Time
7. The roles of Archie and Edith's daughter and son-in-law (then
named "Dickie") initially went to Candice Azzara and Chip
Oliver. Who played Gloria in All in the Family?
- Betty Garrett
- Danielle Brisebois
- Sally Struthers
8. The longest sustained audience laughter in the show's history
occurred in the famous episode-ending scene in which guest star Sammy
Davis, Jr. plays himself.
9. All In the Family
is one of two television shows,
the other, that has been number 1 in the Nielsen Ratings for five
consecutive TV seasons.
10. Which show was NOT a spin-off of
All in the