Texaco Star Theater
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Texaco Star Theater was a 1950 - 1951 #1 Hit TV Show. However, it stared
in the late 1930s on radio. Who was the original star?
- Ed Harris
- Tom Mix
- Ed Wynn
2. In 1940, it became an hour variety show on radio. In 1942, they
reduced it to a half hour show. Who was the host?
- Bob Milton
- Ernie Evers
- Fred Allen
3. Who was NOT a radio announcer on the show?
- Harry Von Zell
- Bob Mix
- Arthur Godfrey
4. Texaco Star Theater started in 1948 without a permanent host. In
the Fall 1948, who became the permanent host of the show?
- Fred Mannors
- Milton Berle
- Fred Allen
5. What network broadcast the show?
6. It was broadcast Tuesday night. What was the time?
- 7 to 8 p.m. E.T.
- 8 to 9 p.m. E.T.
- 9 to 10 p.m. E.T.
7. In 1953, Texaco drops its sponsorship of the program. Who became
the new sponsor?
8. Who was NOT a performer on the show?
- Arnold Stang
- Mark Reynolds
- Bobby Sherwood
9. The show contribute its part to the making of a rock and roll
legend: in his final season, it opened its stage to Elvis Presley amid
the beginning of his international popularity.
10. How many Emmy awards did the show win?