Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In was an American sketch comedy
television program which ran for 140 episodes from January 22, 1968 to
May 14, 1973. It was hosted by comedians Dan Rowan and Dick Martin and
was broadcast over NBC.
2. The announcer, standing in an old-time radio studio with his hand
cupped over his ear, making announcements, often with little relation to
the rest of the show, such as (in an overly-dramatic voice),
"Earlier that evening..." Who was the announcer?
- Gary Owens
- Ted Knight
- Bruce Allen
3. Who plays the dirty old man coming on to Gladys Ormphby?
- Strother Martin
- Dan Rowan
- Arte Johnson
4. Who plays the obnoxious telephone operator with no concern for her
- Jo Anne Worley
- Lily Tomlin
- Barbara Sharma
5. Doris Swizzle is a seedy barfly paired with her husband, Leonard
Swizzle. Dick Martin plays Leonard. Who is Doris Swizzle?
- Mary Tyler Moore
- Agnes Manfred
- Ruth Buzzi
6. Who is the giggling dumb blonde stumbling over her lines,
especially when she introduced Dan's �News of the Future�?
- Pan Alley
- Victoria Budinger
- Goldie Hawn
7. �Here come de' judge!� (reprising comedian Pigmeat Markham and
further popularized by guest stars Flip Wilson and especially Sammy
8. �I didn't know that.� (Arte Johnson's occasional response to
what happened on an episode)
9. What Canadian born American Emmy-winning television producer,
writer and comedian best known for creating and producing Saturday
Night Live and producing the various film and TV projects that spun
offs begin the career as a writer on Laugh-In?
- John Rappaport
- Coslough Johnson
- Lorne Michaels
10. Henry Gibson and Arte Johnson were replaced by Richard Dawson and
Larry Hovis, both of whom had appeared occasionally in the first season.
What TV series had they been regulars on?
- Match Game
- Hogan's Heroes