It To Beaver
What do you know about
Leave It To Beaver?
Try this Alan's FUN TV Trivia quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1) In 1957, radio, film, and television writers Joe
Connelly and Bob Mosher developed a concept for a TV show about
childhood and family life featuring a fictional suburban couple and
their children. Unlike The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet,
Father Knows Best, and other sitcoms and domestic comedies of the
era, the show would not focus upon the parents, but upon their children,
with the series being told from the kids' point-of-view. Working titles
during the show's gestation period included It's a Small World
and Wally and the Beaver. The pilot aired on April 23,
1957 as It's a Small World. What anthology series
did Leave It To Beaver (It's
a Small World) first air on?
- Playhouse 30
- Show of Shows
- Studio 57
- TV Theater
2) Who was NOT a Cleaver
in the pilot episode of Leave It To Beaver (It�s a
- Barbara Billingsley as June Cleaver
- Max Showalter aka Casey Adams as Ward Cleaver
- Tim Matheson as Theodore �Beaver� Cleaver
- Paul Sullivan as Wally Cleaver
3) The series first aired on October 4,
1957. What network did the series appear on?
4) Episodes were budgeted at $30,000 to
$40,000 each ($233,209 to $310,945 in 2010 terms), making the
show one of the most expensive of its kind during its years of
5) The debut Leave It to Beaver episode was
the third episode in production order, "Beaver Gets 'Spelled."
What was the intended premiere episode?
- Captain Jack
- Take Me Home
- Country Roads
- Super Heroes
6) The show had its debut the same day
Sputnik was launched into space.
7) Surrounded by a picket fence, the house
was two stories with a first floor kitchen, dining room, living
room and adjoining patio, and at least three bedrooms on the
second floor - one for the boys, one for the parents, and a
guest room into which Beaver moved for a night. What
was the address of the picket fence home?
- 914 Tucker Ave
- 485 Madison Ave
- 485 Mapleton Drive
- 914 Times Street
8) In 1969, the Pine Street house was reused
for another Universal-produced television hit.
What was the series?
- Happy Days
- Marcus Welby, M.D.
- 21 Jump Street
- 6 Million Dollar Man
9) Miss Canfield is a young and attractive,
no-nonsense schoolteacher who is leading a second grade class
for the first time at Grant Avenue Grammar School when the show
debuts in 1957. Who played Miss Canfield?
- Francis Bank,
- Diane Brewster
- Joyce Murphy
- Alice Tatum
10) In what episode did Eddie Haskell make his first
- New Neighbors
- The Baseball Parada
- Bedtime for Beaver