1960 In Television Trivia Quiz
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. On February 11, who walks off his TV show because his monologue
had been edited the night before, in favor of a three minute news
update. He walked out at the beginning of the show, announced that he
was quitting, said "There's got to be a better way to make a
living," and walked off the stage. After network executives
personally apologized, he returned to the show a month later. His first
show back started with the words "As I was saying before I was
- Jack Paar
- Steve Allen
- Johnny Carson
2. What American actor, star of The X-Files, was born on July
- Paul Abbott
- David Duchovny
- Paul Yates
3. On September 26, American Presidential Candidates John F. Kennedy
and Richard M. Nixon debate live on television. The candidates behavior
during the debate most likely altered the outcome of the election. In
addition to being the first Presidential debates to be broadcast on
television, the debates also marked the first time "split
screen" images were used by a network.
4. The show chronicles the life of an aeronautical engineer and
widower Steve Douglas. What is the situation comedy about a
Scots/Irish-American family (Douglas/ O'Casey), that ran from September
29, 1960 to August 24, 1972?
Leave It To Beaver
5. The ZaSu Pitts Show was the sitcom co-produced by ITC
Entertainment and Hal Roach Studios. It premiered on September 29, 1956,
and ran until 1960 for 143 half-hour black-and-white episodes, initially
on CBS and in its last year on ABC?
6. On December 31 - Who officially becomes Lawrence Welk's Champagne
Lady on The Lawrence Welk Show
- Peggy Lennon
- Norma Zimmer
- Gale Storm
7. What was the sitcom created by Sheldon Leonard, filmed at Desilu
Studios, and televised by CBS from October 3rd, 1960 to April 1st, 1968.
Bugs Bunny Show
The Pat Boone Hour
8. What TV drama won an Emmy Award as the Best Drama Show?
- The Untouchables
- The Fugitive
- Playhouse 90
9. It was a pioneer in children's programming and set the pattern
for many similar shows. What was a children's television program (with a
decidedly frontier/western theme, although other themes also colored the
show) that aired on NBC in the United States from 1947 until 1960?
- Manfred Mann
- Howdy Doody
- The Buffalo Bob Show
10. What was the animated show the debut on ABC September 30, 1960.
- The Flintstones
- Huckleberry Hound
- The Range Rider