1940 In TV Trivia
Choose an answer from the three choices
and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. In January 1940, The FCC holds public hearings on television.
2. February 25, 1940, the first ice hockey game is televised from
Madison Square Garden on W2XBS-TV. Who did the New York Rangers play?
- Montreal Canadiens
- Detroit Red Wings
- Boston Flyers
3. What broadcast journalist was born on February 6, 1940?
- Alan Eastep
- Tom Brokaw
- Ted Baxter
4. On February 28, 1940, the first basketball game is televised,
from Madison Square Garden. Who does Fordham play?
- University of Pittsburgh
- Penn State University
- Boston College
5. On March 15, 1940 who cuts the price of television sets.
6. On May 21, 1940, Bell Telephone Laboratories transmits a 441-line
video signal, with a bandwidth of 2.7 MHz, by coaxial cable from New
York and back. What city is the signal sent too?
- Washington, DC
7. What broadcast journalist was born on February 8, 1940?
- Ted Koppel
- Roger Smith
- Dan Rather
8. In June 1940, W2XBS in New York (NBC) covers the Republican
National Convention from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for 33 hours, over a
five day period. The signal is transmitted via coaxial cable. Where was
the convention held?
- New York City
9. Who was the actor (WKRP in Cincinnati) born on February
- Howard Hesseman
- Daniel J. Travanti
- Susan Clark
10. On August 29, - Peter Carl Goldmark of CBS announces his
invention of a color television system.