1941 In TV Trivia
What do you know about
1941 In TV?
this Year In TV Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at the end
of the page.
On April 30, in the United States the FCC approves the NTSC (National
Television System Committee) standards of 525 lines and 30 frames per
second, and authorizes commercial TV to begin on July 1.
What is the standard lines and frame per second?
- 125 lines and 10 frames per second
- 325 lines and 15 frames per second
- 525 lines and 30 frames per second
2) On May 2, in the United States television
stations are granted commercial TV licenses (effective July 1).
These stations are required to broadcast 15 hours per week.
What is the number of television stations are granted
commercial TV licenses?
3) Bulova Watch Co., Sun Oil Co., Lever
Bros. Co. and Procter & Gamble sign on as sponsors of the first
commercial telecasts from WNBT in Los Angeles.
4) On July 1, The world's first legal TV commercial, for
Bulova watches, occurs at 2:29 PM over WNBT (now WNBC) New York
before a Brooklyn Dodgers baseball game. The 10-second spot
displayed a picture of a clock superimposed on a map of the
United States, accompanied by the voice-over "America runs on
Who did the Brooklyn Dodgers play?
- Atlanta Braves
- New York Giants
- Philadelphia Phillies
5) As a one-off special, the first quiz show
called "Uncle Bee" was telecast on WNBT inaugural broadcast day
of 1941 followed later the same day by a second game show
broadcast on United States television, Truth or Consequences, as
simulcast on radio and TV and sponsored by Ivory soap.
Who hosted Truth or Consequences?
- Jack Bailey
- Bob Barker
- Ralph Edwards
6) NBC television launched on New York
What was the channel?
7) CBS television begins commercial
operation on New York station now WCBS-TV on Channel 2.
What was the original call letters?
8) On July 2 is the premier of television's
first regular game show (1941-1942).
What is the name of the
first regular game show?
- CBS Television Quiz
- Name That Tune?
- The Spelling Bee
9) Robert Foxworth (born November 1, 1941)
is an American film, stage and television actor.
is NOT a TV series Foxworth is
- B.J. and the Bear
- Falcon Crest
- The Storefront Lawyers
10) On December 7, WNBT airs special news
report on Pearl Harbor attack, pre-empting regular programming,
a New York Rangers hockey game.