Prep Time: 10 min.
Chilling Time: 1 hr.
- 2 - Granny Smith apples, cored
- 1/2 - cup apple cider, divided
- 1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 - cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 - cup thinly sliced fennel
(about 1/2 bulb)
- 1/2 - cup toasted pecan pieces
- 1/4 - cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 - cup sour cream
- 1/4 - teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 - teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Cut apples into 1/2-inch chunks.
Immediately toss with 1/4 cup of the apple cider and lemon juice
in large bowl.
- Add coleslaw mix, fennel and
pecans and toss to mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise,
sour cream, remaining 1/4 cup apple cider, cloves and sea salt
with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add to apple mixture and toss to
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready
In a large storage bag, put in the slaw,
and seal. Place the slaw into the ice chest.
When you get to your site, just unseal and put into a individual
paper or plastic bowls.