Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Baking Time: 20
Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
1) In a saucepan, cook broccoli in boiling water for
2 minutes. Chill under cold running water.
2) Drain well, dry with a paper towel, and arrange in
3) In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and
cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
4) Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until it
comes to a boil and thickens.
5) Add white pepper and American cheese. Cook, siring
constantly, until cheese melts.
6) Add salt to taste. Cool to room temperature and
pour over broccoli.
7) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
Refrigerate if you are serving at a later time.
Preheat oven to 30-degrees F.
8) Bake for 20 minute s or until heated through and
broccoli is tender.
Page 1 of 1