Indians: 1901 Season (Cleveland Blues)
your baseball knowledge of the
Indians: 1901 Season (Cleveland Blues). Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) Who was the manager of the Cleveland Blues?
- Ben Chinchloe
- Williams Dury
- Jimmy McAleer
- Aaron McAlister
2) The Cleveland Blues played their first game
of the season against the Chicago White Sox on April 24, 1901.
This was the first games in the history of the American League;
three other games scheduled that day were rained out.
3) Who allowed seven runs in the first
two innings and the Blues failed to recover, as they lost the game
8–2, earning the first loss in American League history?
- John Adams
- Bill Forester
- Bill Hoffer
- Robert J. Wilke
4) In the second game of the season, a Blues
player hit the first home run in American League history off
pitcher John Skopec, but the Blues lost again, 7–3.
Who was the Blues’ player?
- Erva Beck
- Dwaine Duncan
- Clint Morgan
- Robert Connors
5) On May 9, 1901, Earl Moore threw the first
no-hitter in the history of the Blues and the American League.
They lost to Chicago by a score of 4-2 despite allowing no hits.
6) Jack McCarthy played left field and led the
Cleveland Blues in hitting. What was his batting average?
7) In Centerfield, Ollie Pickering had a
batting average of .309. He ranked #5 in American League
stolen bases. How many stolen bases did Pickering
8) Who was the starting pitcher with a 11 wins - 22
- Dick Braggins
- Bill Cristall
- Pete Dowling
- Bill Hart
9) The Cleveland Blues end their first American League season
on Saturday, September 28, 1901 against the Athletics in
Philadelphia. The Athletics lost the game 1 - 3.
10) The Cleveland Blues record in 1901, their
first major league season was 54 wins - 82 losses.
How many games behind were they to the league leading Chicago
- 4 games
- 9 games
- 13- 1/2 games
- 29 games