your baseball knowledge of Buck Ewing. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
William "Buck" Ewing was born: October 17, 1859 in Hoagland, Ohio
2) Ewing was versatile enough to play all nine positions.
However, what was his primary position?
- First baseman
3) Ewing joined the National League as a member of the
Troy Trojans. What was the year?
4) Ewing rose to stardom in 1883 as a member of what team?
- New York Gothams
- New York Yankees
- Baltimore Orioles
- Albany Tigers
5) In 1883, he was the National League home run
How many home runs did he hit during that
6) What is the Players League team that Ewing was the
player and manager?
- Boston Reds
- Brooklyn Ward's Wonders
- New York Giants
- Chicago Pirates
7) From 1895 to 1897, who did Ewing end his playing career
- Cleveland Spiders
- Cincinnati Reds
- Philadelphia Phillies
- Pittsburgh Pirates
8) What year is he inducted into the Baseball Hall of
9) Ewing died of diabetes and paralysis on October 20, 1906 (aged
47) in Cincinnati, Ohio.
10) Where was Buck Ewing buried?
- Mount Washington Cemetery, Mount Washington, Ohio
- Oak Ridge Cemetery, Springfield, Illinois
- Riverview Cemetery, Richmond, Virginia
- Nashville City Cemetery, Nashville, Tennessee