Test your baseball knowledge of Ted Williams.
Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball Trivia quiz.
Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1) Ted Williams was born in San Diego as Teddy
Samuel Williams, later changed to Theodore on August 30, 1918.
What high school, in San
Diego, did he graduate from?
- Teddy Roosevelt High School
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Herbert Hoover High School
- Will C. Crawford High School
2) Williams had offers from the St. Louis
Cardinals and the New York Yankees, while he was still in high
school, his mother thought he was too young to leave home, so he
signed up with the local minor league club, the San Diego Padres.
3) In December 1937, during the winter meetings,
the deal was made between Bill Lane and Eddie Collins, sending
Williams to the Boston Red Sox and giving Lane cash and two major
leaguers, Dom D'Allessandro and Al Niemiec, and two other minor
What was the
4) In 1938, the nineteen-year-old Williams was
ten days late to spring training camp in Sarasota, Florida,
because of a flood in California blocking the railroads. Williams
had to borrow $200 from a bank to make the trip from San Diego to
did he picked up?
- The Kid
- The Colt
- The Teen
5) Williams remained in major league spring training for about a
week. Williams was then sent to the Double-A-league.
What was the team?
- Evansville Triplets
- Minneapolis Millers
- Louisville Redbirds
- Oklahoma City 89ers
6) Williams made his MLB debut on April 20, 1939 for the Boston
Red Sox. He was 1 for 4.
did the Boston Red Sox play?
- LA Angles
- NY Yankees
- Chicago White Sox
- Washington Senators
7) Williams would make the All-Star Team 19
NOT a year?
8) What was his number?
9) After going into the U.S. Marine Corps as an
aviator at the end of 1942, Williams was discharged by the Marine
Corps in time to begin preparations for the upcoming pro baseball
When was Williams
- November 1945
- December 1945
- January 1946
- February 1946
10) On May 1, 1952, at the age of 34, Williams
was recalled to active duty for service in the Korean War. During
the Korean War, Williams also served in the same Marine Corps unit
with John Glenn, and in the last half of his missions, Williams
was flying as Glenn's wingman.
11) What was Williams career
12) What was Williams career
On-base Plus Slugging (OPS) average?
13) What was Williams
career Runs Created total?
14) In his last years, Williams suffered from
cardiomyopathy. He had a pacemaker implanted in November
2000 and he underwent open-heart surgery in January 2001.
After suffering a series of strokes and congestive heart failure,
he died of cardiac arrest at the age of 83 at Citrus Memorial
Hospital, Inverness, Florida, near his home in Citrus Hills,
When did Williams
- April 5, 2002
- May 5, 2002
- June 5, 2002
- July 5, 2002
15) Who was Williams
16) Where was Ted Williams
Forest Hill Cemetery, Port Saint Joe,
Old Saint Joseph Cemetery, Port Saint Joe,
Williamsburg Cemetery, Wewahitchka, Florida
Alcor Life Extension Foundation,