Test your baseball knowledge of
Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball Trivia Quiz.
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1) Where was George Lee "Sparky" Anderson born on
February 22, 1934?
- Bridgewater, South Dakota
- Bridgewater, Connecticut
- Bridgewater, West Virginia
- Bridgewater, California
2) Sparky's American Legion Team won the 1951
National Championship, which was played in Briggs Stadium (Tiger
Stadium) in Detroit.
3) After five minor league seasons without
appearing in a Dodger uniform at the MLB level, he was traded to
the Philadelphia Phillies on December 23, 1958 for three players.
What position did Sparky play for the Phillies?
- First Base
- Second Base
4) What day was his last Major League appearance?
- September 27, 1959
- September 27, 1960
- September 27, 1961
- September 27, 1962
5) What team did Andersons become the Third Base coach
for in 1969?
- Philadelphia Phillies
- New York Mets
- Detroit Tigers
- San Diego Padres
6) Who did Anderson succeed as manager of the Reds on
October 8, 1969?
- Lefty Phillips
- Jack Kent Cooke
- Dave Bristol
- Rip Repulski
7) What season did Andersonís team win the World
8) Anderson moved on to the young Detroit
Tigers after being hired as their new manager on June 14, 1979.
9) When did Anderson retire from managing?
- October 2, 1995
- October 2, 1996
- October 2, 1997
- October 2, 1998
10) Anderson was the first manager to win a
World Series for both a National League and American League team.
Who was the second to win a World Series for both a
National League and American League team?
- Dick Williams
- Tony La Russa
- Jim Leyland
- Bobby Valentine