Tampa Bay Rays: 2009 Season
your baseball knowledge of the Tampa Bay Rays: 2009 Season. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz
Who was the manager of the 2009 Tampa Bay Rays?
- Joe Maddon
- Dave Martinez
- Bobby Ramos
- Don Zimmer
2) On Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at Fenway Park
against the Boston Red Sox, the Rays open their season. The
Rays win the opening game 5-3.
3) On Monday, April 13, 2009 at Tropicana Field,
the Tampa Bay Rays play their first regular season home game
against the New York Yankees. How many runs do the
rays score to win the game?
4) Shortstop Jason Bartlett led the Rays in
hitting. What was his batting average?
5) Carlos Pena led the 2009 Rays in home runs.
How many home runs did Pena slug?
6) Gabe Kapler led the 2009 Rays in RBIs with
7) Who became the first player in franchise
history to hit for the cycle, doing so on October 2, against the
New York Yankees. He hit a triple, a double, a home run, and
a single, in that order, all before five innings were completed.
He would later add another single to finish the night 5 for 5 with
a career high 6 RBIs. Who was the Rays player that
hit for the cycle?
- Stephen Drew
- Chris Richard
- B. J. Upton
- Ben Zobrist
8) Jeff Niemann led the Rays pitching staff in wins. How
many wins did Niemnn pitch?
9) Who led the Rays pitching staff with 189 strikeouts?
- Winston Abreu
- Jeff Bennett
- Chad Bradford
- Matt Garza
10) What place did the finish in the American League East
- First Place
- Second Place
- Third Place
- Fourth Place