Cincinnati Reds: 1876 Season (Red Stockings)
your baseball knowledge of the
Cincinnati Reds: 1876 Season (Red Stockings)?
Get up to bat in this
FANatical About Baseball
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
The new Cincinnati Reds baseball team was formed as part of the
brand new National League in 1876.
2) Avenue Grounds was a baseball field located in
Cincinnati, Ohio. Also known as Brighton Park and Cincinnati
Baseball Park, the ground was home to the Cincinnati Reds baseball
How many fans could the grandstand seat?
- 1,000 fans
- 2,000 fans
- 3,000 fans
- 4,000 fans
3) Who was the 1876 Cincinnati Redsí manager?
- Sam Adams
- Michael Dillon
- Charlie Gould
- Pete Peterson
4) Charley Jones lead the 1876 team in home runs.
How many home runs did Jones hit?
5) The 1876 Cincinnati Red Stockings played their
first regular National League game on Tuesday, Apr 25, 1876.
Who did they play?
- Boston Red Caps
- Louisville Grays
- New York Mutuals
- St. Louis Brown Stockings
6) Who lead the team in strikeouts with 29 and with 4 wins
- 20 losses?
- Dory Dean
- Cherokee Fisher
- Dave Pierson
- Dale Williams
7) What was the 1876 Cincinnati Red Stockings longest
- 2 games
- 4 games
- 6 games
- 8 games
8) What was the 1876 Cincinnati Red Stockings longest
- 5 games
- 9 games
- 13 games
- 18 games
9) On Monday, Oct 9 the 1876 Cincinnati Red
Stockings end the season against the Hartford Dark Blues in a
What was the score of the game?
10) The 1876 Cincinnati season record was 56 wins
- 9 losses.