1950 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of
1950 In Major League Baseball.
Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
On January 24, 1950, Jackie Robinson of the Brooklyn Dodgers signs
a contract for $35‚000‚ reportedly making him the highest paid
Brooklyn player in the team history.
2) Who becomes the
highest paid player in major league history‚ by signing a contract
for $125‚000 on February 7
- Herb Albert
- Willie Mays
- Stan Musial
- Ted Williams
3) The first night Opening Day game in major
league history is played in St. Louis with the Cardinals defeating
the Pirates 4–2‚ behind the six-hit pitching of Gerry Staley.
4) Cleveland Indians great wins his 200th
major league game, 5 - 3, on July 2, over the Detroit Tigers in
the second game of a doubleheader split.
Who is the
- Bob Feller
- Ross Grimsley
- Bart Johnson
- Randy Jones
5) On November 26, General Mills (Wheaties)
signs a six-year deal, worth an estimated $6 million, with Major
League Baseball for the television and radio rights for the World
6) MLB Most Valuable Player Award for the
American League was Phil Rizzuto, New York Yankees, Shortstop.
Who was the National League MVP?
- Dick Allen
- Richie Ashburn
- Paul Gross
- Jim Konstanty
7) MLB Rookie of the Year Award went to
rookies in both Boston teams. The American League’s Rookie was
Who was the National League’s Rookie of
- Hank Aaron
- Sam Jethroe
- Eddie Mathews
- George Wright
8) Who won the 1950 The Sporting News Manager of the
- Red Rolfe, Detroit Tigers
- Eddie Sawyer, Philadelphia Phillies
- Casey Stengel, NY Yankees
- Burt Shotton, Brooklyn Dodgers
9) Billy Goodman led the American League in
hitting with a .354 batting average. Stan Musial led the National
What was Musial’s batting average?
10) Pitcher Warren Spahn led the National
League with 21 wins.
How many wins did the American
League pitcher have?