1930 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of
1930 In Major League Baseball. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) Who is the Hall of Fame pitcher
that pitches four innings and takes the loss in his major league
debut on April 29?
- Pete Daley
- Lefty Gomez
- Joe Margoneri
- Don McMahon
2) On May 11, the Cleveland Indians defeat the Philadelphia
Athletics. What was the score?
- 11 - 4
- 17 - 5
- 20 - 6
- 25 - 7
3) On September 10, Hall of Fame shortstop
Luke Appling goes one-for-four in his major league debut as his
Chicago White Sox fall 6-2 to the Boston Red Sox.
4) Who gives up just three hits and
one earned run in his major league debut to led the St. Louis
Cardinals to a 3-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on
- Dizzy Dean
- Bob Grim
- Larry Raines
- Bobby Winkles
5) On November 23, at the Polo Grounds, St.
Louis Browns outfielder Red Badgro, playing for the NFL New York
Giants, catches a touchdown pass against the Green Bay Packers. It
is the third TD catch of the season for Badgro, all from
quarterback Benny Friedman. In 1981, Badgro will be elected to the
Pro Football Hall of Fame.
6) On November 25, The New York Times, acting
to fill the Most Valuable Player void, announces its selection of
Washington Senators shortstop Joe Cronin in the American League
and New York Giants first baseman Bill Terry in the National
7) Al Simmons leds the American League in
hitting with a .381 batting average. Bill Terry leds the National
League in hitting. What is Terry’s batting average?
8) Babe Ruth leds the American League in home runs with 49.
Hack Wilson is the National League leder. How many
home runs did Wilson hit?
9) Who is a businessman and owner and former principal
executive of Major League Baseball's New York Yankees born on July
- Glen Gorbous
- Angelo Lipetri
- Karl Olson
- George Steinbrenner
10) He was a former Major League Baseball
manager. He spent his entire managerial career with the Baltimore
Orioles, managing the club from 1968 - 1982 and 1985 - 1986. He
was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1996.
Who is the Hall of Fame manager born on August 14, 1930?
- Dale Coogan
- Bob Martyn
- Buck Varner
- Earl Weaver