1891 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of
1891 In Major League Baseball. Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
Trivia quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) On May 14, Hall of Fame pitcher Charles Radbourn records his
300th career win. What team does Radbourn pitch for?
- Boston Beaneaters
- Chicago Colts
- Cincinnati Reds
- New York Giants
2) On the final day of the American Association season, October
4 , Ted Breitenstein of the St. Louis Browns throws a no-hitter
against the Louisville Colonels, in an 8-0 Browns win. It is
Breitenstein's first major league start. He faced the minimum
amount of batters, 27, allowing just one base on balls. It was
also the last no-hitter thrown in the American Association, as the
league folded following the season.
3) Billy Hamilton of the Phillies led the National League.
What was his batting average?
4) In the American Association, who led the league
with a .350 batting average?
- Dan Brouthers
- Jack Crooks
- Dummy Hoy
- Curt Welch
5) Harry Stovey and Mike Tiernan tied for the
led in home runs during the 1891 National League season.
6) Duke Farrell led the American Association
with 12 home runs? What AA team did he play for
during the 1891 season?
- Baltimore Orioles
- Boston Reds
- Milwaukee Brewers
- St. Louis Browns
7) Chicago Cubs pitcher Bill Hutchison led
the National League in wins. How many wins did he
have in 1891?
8) Baltimore Orioles pitcher Sadie McMahon
led the American Association in wins. How many wind
did he pitch in 1891?
9) In 1891, who led the National League in Strikeouts
- John Ewing
- Billy Rhines
- Amos Rusie
- Harry Staley
10) In 1891, who led the American
Association in Strikeouts with 259?
- Charlie Buffinton
- George Haddock
- Jack Stivetts
- Willie McGill
11) The Boston Beaneaters won the 1891
National League pennant. The American Association pennant winner
was the Boston Reds. World Series: Boston (AA) beat the Boston
(NL) team 4 games to 3 games.