1954 In Major League Baseball
Test your baseball knowledge of 1954 In
Major League Baseball.
Get up to bat in this
Alan's FUN Baseball
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1) On January 14, former New York Yankees
great Joe Dimaggio marries actress Marilyn Monroe.
they get married?
- Las Vegas
- San Francisco
- Maui, Hawaii
- New York City
2) The brand new Baltimore Orioles open in
Detroit and lose to the Detroit Tigers, 3-0.
the loss against Steve Gromek?
- Don Larsen
- Steve Comer
- Dave Stapleton
- Scott McGregor
3) WHO at Sportsman's Park, hits his first Major League
home run, off St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Vic Raschi on April 23?
- Johnnie LeMaster
- Bob Shirley
- Hank Aaron
- Rick Honeycutt
4) Who was the 70 year old
Hall of Fame pitcher that won 212 games, starring for 3
Philadelphia Athletics world champion teams that died May 22?
- Hugh Duffy
- Earl Whitehill
- Bill McGowan
- Chief Bender
5) On July 13, The American League makes an
eighth-inning comeback at Cleveland Municipal Stadium to win the
MLB All-Star Game, 11–9. Washington Senators rookie left-hander
Dean Stone is the winning pitcher without officially facing a
batter, as he throws out Red Schoendienst trying to steal home in
the top of the 8th, ending that half of the inning.
6) WHAT team defeats the Cleveland Indians, 7-4, in
Game 4 of the World Series to win their fifth World Championship,
four games to none. October 2?
- Philadelphia Phillies
- The New York Giants
- Brooklyn Dodgers
- Pittsburgh Pirates
7) On November 22, the Pittsburgh Pirates
draft an outfielder from the Triple-A roster of the Brooklyn
Dodgers. Although he hit only .257 for the Montreal Royals, he
will become a Hall of Fame member with the Pirates.
was the outfielder?
- Roberto Clemente
- Harry Byrd
- Jim McDonald
- Bill Miller
8) That National League Most Valuable Player
Award went to Willie Mays, New York Giants, OF.
got the American League Most Valuable Player Award?
- Mickey Mantle, New York Yankees, CF
- Yogi Berra, New York Yankees, C
- Mickey Owen, Boston Red Sox, C
- Carlos Paula, Washington Senators, RF
9) The Sporting News Pitcher of the Year Award
went to Bob Lemon and Johnny Antonelli, New York Giants.
WHAT team did Lemon play for?
- Kansas City Royals
- Chicago White Sox
- Cleveland Indians
- New York Yankees
10) The Sporting News Manager of the Year Award went to Eddie Stanky, St. Louis Cardinals.