July December In US History
What do you know about
July December In US History?
Try this The
Year In US History Made Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the page.
1) On July 4, what country is granted independence by
the United States?
- The Philippines
- Puerto Rico
2) When did Mother Frances Xavier Cabrini becomes the first
American saint to be canonized by the Roman Catholic Church?
- July 1
- July 7
- July 17
- July 27
3) Who wrote the influential The
Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care, published on July 14?
- Nelson Rockford
- Benjamin Spock
- Mark Reynolds
the first underwater Nuclear test of the atomic bomb on July 25, the
surplus USS Saratoga is sunk in the Pacific Ocean, when the United
States detonates the Baker device during Operation Crossroads. Where was
the Pacific Ocean location?
- New Guinea
- Banaba Island
- Bikini Atoll
5) On July 25 at Club 500 in Atlantic City, New Jersey,
who stages their first show as a comedy team.
- Dean Martin and Jerry
- Bobby Clark and Paul McCullough
- Ole Olsen and Chic Johnson
- Jack Burns and Mark Schreiber
6) In what state was the last mass
lynching in the United States, on July 25, a mob of white men shoot and
kill two African-American couples near Moore's Ford Bridge?
- South Carolina
7) When does President Harry
Truman sign the Atomic Energy Act of 1946, which establishes the United
States Atomic Energy Commission?
- July 1
- July 11
- August 1
- August 11
8) On October 16, where does the United Nations' hold
their first meeting?
- Washington, DC
9) On November 1, The New York Knicks play against the Toronto
Huskies at the Maple Leaf Gardens, in the first Basketball Association
of America game and win. What is the final score?
10) Senate and House elections in the United States on
November 6 give both majorities to what party?
- Tea Party
11) On November 12, a branch
of the Exchange National Bank (now part of the LaSalle Bank) opens the
first 10 drive-up teller windows. What was the city?
12) When did Indian Prime Minister
Jawaharlal Nehru appeal to the United States and the Soviet Union to end
nuclear testing and to start nuclear disarmament, stating that such an
action would "save humanity from the ultimate disaster"?
- August 27
- September 27
- October 27
- November 27
13) On December 2,
The International Whaling Commission was signed to "provide for the
proper conservation of whale stocks and thus make possible the orderly
development of the whaling industry". Where was it signed?
- Washington, D.C.
- New York City
- Los Angles, CA
When did President Harry Truman establish the President's Committee on
Civil Rights to investigate the status of civil rights in the United
States and propose measures to strengthen and protect the civil rights
of American citizens?
- November 5
- December 5
- December 15
- December 25
15) How many were killed, when a fire
struck the Winecoff Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia on December 7?
16) On December 20, Frank Capra's It's a
Wonderful Life, featuring James Stewart, Donna Reed, Lionel
Barrymore, Henry Travers, and Thomas Mitchell, is released.
Where was the film first released?
- Los Angeles
- Indiana, PA
- New York
17) On December 22, a meeting begins between U.S.
organized crime bosses in Havana, Cuba. What was meeting known as?
- The Havana Conference
- The Caribbean Talks
- Treaty of Reciprocity
- Garcνa Lorca Theater Conference
18) What hotel opens on the Las Vegas Strip on
- El Rancho Vegas
- The Flamingo Hotel
- Desert Inn
- The Mirage