April – July In US History
What do you know about
April – July In US History?
Try this The
Year In US History Made Easy Quiz.
"Check Your Answers"
at the end of the page.
1) On April 1, Jackie Robinson, the first African
American baseball professional, signs a contract with the Brooklyn
Dodgers. When does he play his first Major League Baseball
- April 15
- April 17
- April 19
- April 21
2) On April 9, how many were killed when multiple
tornadoes strike Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas and injuring 970.
- 81 killed
- 181 killed
- 281 killed
- 381 killed
3) What is the name of the cargo ship that was loaded with an
ammonium nitrate cargo of the explodes in Texas City, Texas,
killing 552, injuring 3,000, causing 200 lost, and destroying 20
city blocks on April 16?
- SS Bridgestone
- SS Clarkson
- SS Grandcamp
- SS Moonraker
4) – Cold War: In an effort to fight the spread
of Communism, on May 22, President Harry S. Truman signs an Act of
Congress that implements the Truman Doctrine. This Act
grants $400 million in military and economic aid to what
- Italy and Spain
- Ireland and Great Britain
- Germany and France
- Turkey and Greece
5) On May 22, David Lean's film, based on the
novel by Charles Dickens, opens in the United States. Critics call
it the finest film ever made from a Charles Dickens novel. It is
based on what Dickens’ novel?
- Great Expectations
- Hard Times: For These Times
- Little Dorrit
- Our Mutual Friend
6) When did Secretary of State George Marshall
outlines the Marshall Plan for American reconstruction and relief
aid to Europe?
- May 25
- June 5
- June 15
- June 25
7) On June 21, who claims to have seen six UFOs
near Maury Island in Puget Sound, Washington. On the next
morning, he reports the first modern so-called "Men in Black"
- Seaman Jim White
- Seaman Mark Reynolds
- Seaman Harold Dahl
- Seaman Harry McWeeney
8) On what day did the United States Senate
follows the House of Representatives in overriding President Harry
S. Truman's veto of the Taft-Hartley Act?
- June 3
- June 13
- June 21
- June 23
9) When did Kenneth Arnold make the first
widely-reported UFO sighting near Mount Rainier, Washington.
- June 24
- June 26
- June 28
- June 30
10) When was a supposedly downed extraterrestrial
spacecraft reportedly found in the Roswell UFO incident, near
Roswell, New Mexico, which has been written about by Stanton T.
Friedman and many others.
- July 4
- July 7
- July 8
- July 17
11) President Harry S. Truman signs the
Presidential Succession Act, on July 18, into law, which places
the Speaker of the House and the fourth position next in the line
of succession after the United States Vice President. What
is the fourth position?
- Majority Leader in the House
- Majority Senate Leader
- President Pro Tempore of the Senate
- Secretary of State
12) When did President Harry S. Truman sign the
National Security Act of 1947 into law, creating the Central
Intelligence Agency, the Department of Defense, the Joint Chiefs
of Staff, and the National Security Council.
- July 4
- July 6
- July 16
- July 26